How long will I have to wait to get an appointment?
- We strive to provide initial therapy intakes within 7-10 days. Depending on your schedule and flexibility we may be able to see you sooner!
How long will my session last?
- Typically, each therapy session will last 45-60 minutes, please keep in mind that each session is individually tailored to your specific needs and this may result in a shorter or longer appointment time.
How long will I be in therapy?
- This is unique to each individual and depends on your unique situation. The number of sessions can depend on a variety of factors including; client goals, client history, type of problem, therapeutic approach and the client-therapist relationship.
Do you offer weekend or evening appointments?
- As a clinic we offer hours Monday-Friday 8:00am-9:00pm as well as some Saturday hours. Please contact us to find out which therapist may provide the best flexibility for your schedule.
Will anyone know I am in therapy?
- All health services (including counseling) are private and confidential. No personal information will be disclosed. Further, you will not even be acknowledged as a client without your written authorization. There are a few exceptions that apply in emergency situations if we believe there is a risk to your safety or the safety of others.
What if I get sick or need to cancel my appointment?
- If you need to cancel your appointment, we ask that you give us 24 hours notice. It is our policy to charge for appointments that are cancelled with less than 24 hours notice (except when it is not permitted by state or federal regulation). All charges must be paid prior to your next appointment. Please call or speak with your therapist if you have a specific concern about this policy.
What if I miss my scheduled appointment?
- We strive to be respectful of the time you spend in counseling and your hour is reserved just for you. If you do not come to your scheduled appointment it is our policy to charge for this appointment (except when it is not permitted by state or federal regulation). Missed appointments can be disruptive to the counseling process and regular attendance improves goal completion. If a client misses more than 2 consecutive appointments or has a pattern of missing appointments, their therapist may discharge them from counseling.
Do you accept insurance?
- Yes. We have contracts with most major health plans in Minnesota. If you have any questions about the coverage your insurance provides, please contact your insurance provider's customer service number. If you do not have insurance or do not wish to use insurance, please contact us to receive information about our out of pocket and sliding fee schedule. Please note that you are responsible to all charges that are not covered by insurance.
What forms of payment do you accept?
- For your convenience we accept cash, check, credit cards, Health Savings Account (HSA) Cards, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Cards, Benny Cards as well as Payment Plans.